This year from the 11th thru the 31st of January my team and I will be joining in with many church families around the globe for 21 days of prayerful fasting. Through this prolonged fasting period we want to present ourselves to God as a living sacrifice of worship, deepen our knowledge of the Word of God, and strengthen our relationship with Him. We are also asking God for strength in preparation for whatever is ahead of us in 2014.
We are gearing this year’s first fast around the theme of ‘unity.’ Ever since I saw the turnout of our most recent video single “Rey” (Reign), released this past Thanksgiving Day, something happened inside my heart. To see so many people that have never met each other in person, yet united for the common purpose of bringing their best worship the King Jesus was truly overwhelming to me. I could not be more joyful to see so many unite. I believe that was a glimpse of what lies ahead. Since that moment I feel very strongly in my spirit that 2014 is a year in which we as a church are to unite more than ever before.
In the Bible we can relatedly see that the foreshadow to every move of God on the earth is always unity. A genuine, selfless, humble, unanimous unity. Letting down our own personal self for the sake of others in belief that God will bless our unity with a powerful outpour of His Spirit on all flesh is such a powerful thing. More than we know. Therefore, we are going to set ourselves aside for 21 days from January 11th through the 31st to pray for:
- A deepening in the Word of God for this generation.
- A unanimous spirit among Christ’s church around the world.
- A baptism of God’s supernatural ability to love Him and one another.
- A hunger for walking in purity for the sake of loving God and others.
- Restoration of relationships that have been broken.
- A spirit of patience and tolerance with our fellow man.
- A strong manifestation of forgiveness in our families and church groups.
- An alignment of our spirit with what the Holy Spirit is doing with the global church.
- An outpour of the Holy Spirit in each of us, one that we have never encountered before.
*NOTE: I will be sharing posts on my BLOG that you can read daily during these 21 days.*
Tips on what to do during the fast
Below in an article written by Lou Engle and Brian Kim (Like 18 Project) that give many helpful tips that serve as a guide on what to do, expect and seek during a fast. It’s one of the most complete I’ve read, and it will help you greatly during our 21 day fast.